If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 472-9824

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Halloween Party Fire Started by a Pet in Carlton?

10/3/2022 (Permalink)

We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Yamhill County.

Are pets causing fires? Yes, it’s true. Pets are curious and do cause fires. Your pet could start a fire by bumping into, turning on, or knocking over cooking equipment. Each year, pets and wild animals are responsible for starting over 750 fires. Our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties wants everyone in Carlton to be safe and fire-free this Halloween. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association for keeping your pets safe around fire:

  • Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
  • Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
  • Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
  • Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents.
  • Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
  • Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.

Call Us!

You never know if your pet will start a fire in your home, but if your home or business in Carlton has fire damage, our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties can help. Call us today at 503-472-9824.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts