Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Ensure attics spaces are properly ventilated
Ensure all windows, doors, tubs, shower pans, and sinks are properly sealed
Repair your roof as soon as you notice damage such as blown off shingles, warping, or improperly installed roofing materials.
Call a professional after a water loss. Even if it was a small water loss you want to ensure there is not moisture on or in any of the materials.
Repair siding upon findings of damag
Do ensure all fixtures are properly installed and sealed
Do call a hygienist if you believe there is mold
Do install ceilings fans in bathrooms that do not have any
Do wipe down walls, ceilings, and floors if water exited the tub or sink
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (503) 472-9824
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Yamhill & Tillamook Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Yamhill & Tillamook Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Pacfic City
- Rockaway Beach