How Long Does It Take For Water to Cause Damage to My Yamhill Home?
Our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Yamhill. Water is invasive and will cause damage in as little as one hour if left unmitigated. Here is a water damage timeline from our website that illustrates the damage water does to a structure over time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants
Call Us Today!
When your Yamhill home or business has water damage, our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 503-472-9824.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.