Thunderstorm Safety Tips for Tillamook Residents?
Do you know how to stay safe during a thunderstorm? Lightning can travel ten to twelve miles from a thunderstorm or farther. If you live in Tillamook, you are no stranger to thunderstorms and inclement weather. Our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties offers these thunderstorm safety tips from the National Weather Service:
Nowhere outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area. Run to a safe building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder.
When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors
- Stop all activities
- Seek shelter in a substantial building or a hard-topped vehicle
- Wait thirty minutes after the storm to resume activities
- Stay off corded phones. You can use cellular or cordless phones.
- Don't touch electrical equipment or cords
- Avoid plumbing. Do not wash your hands, take a shower or wash dishes
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors or lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
Storms often blow in from the Pacific Ocean with little advanced warning. When your home or commercial business in Tillamook has storm damage, our local team in Yamhill and Tillamook Counties typically arrives onsite within four hours of your call. Call us today at 503-472-9824.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.