When wildfire strikes we are here to help!
Even states as wet as Oregon and Washington are affected by wildfires several times a year. When the Eagle Creek fire shut down businesses our phones rang off the hook with concerned business owners. In times like these SERVPRO is the first to call as we are faster to any size disaster.
Some tips from FEMA to protect you and your property from hazards are as follows:
- Wear protective clothing
- Lock up your business
- Choose a route away from fire hazards
- Close windows, vents, doors, and blinds
- Shut off all utilities, if possible
- Move flammable items to the center of the building
- turn on a light in each room to increase visibility of your property
- Turn off gas lines and propane tanks
- Connect the outside house to water taps
- Gather fire tools
These tips along with preparation and quick thinking can and will protect your investments!